Fifth Grade Math & Science
Allen Faculty Member since 2010
- B.S. in Geography (Environmental Studies), Texas A&M University
What do you love about Allen? When I come to work, it feels like I’m spending the day with family.
Other hats you wear or have worn at Allen or previous schools:
- I taught MS/US Science at Allen Academy for 5 years prior to moving to the LS.
- I spent 9 years teaching High School Science in Conroe ISD and then College Station ISD.
- Assistant Coach for Middle School Basketball and Track and Varsity Softball, Track and Swimming in The Woodlands
- Integrated Physics and Chemistry Grade Level Leader (A&M Consolidated High School)
What are you passionate about? I am intensely curious about the world around me, and teaching and learning are integral parts of my daily life. Whether it is in the classroom with my students, at home with my family, or out in my community, I am passionate about inspiring and challenging young people to explore their world and make a difference.
Interesting Facts about you:
- Jane Goodall is my personal hero and source of inspiration thanks to opportunities when I was in high school and college to meet and work with her.
- I am left-handed, and I also happen to be mildly colorblind, both of which always translate into interesting genetics lessons with students.
- I love animals, and I have had many different types in my family over the years including hamsters, guinea pigs, rabbits, a hedgehog, turtles, fish, parakeets, and dogs.
- I was a swimmer for twelve years growing up, and it is my second favorite sport to watch. Aggie football is my favorite sport.
Favorite book? Marley and Me by John Grogan
Favorite quote? “What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.” Jane Goodall
What causes are close to your heart? Recycling, and Jane Goodall’s Roots & Shoots Program
If a movie was made about your life, who would play you? Dana Delany or Sandra Bullock