Allen Faculty Member since 2013
- B.S. in Interdisciplinary Studies, Texas A&M University
- M. Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction, Texas A&M University (will graduate in Fall 2017)
What do you love about Allen? I love Allen because of the small class sizes and one-on-one interactions I get with my students. Throughout the year, I am blessed with the opportunity to know my students and their families on a deeper level, which helps me reach them on a personal level in the classroom. The teachers who I interact with on a daily basis are fantastic, and they make work so much fun!
Other hats you wear or have worn at Allen or previous schools:
- Sponsor of Math Club
- New employee “buddy”
- Teacher at Allen’s Summer Program
- Student Council Sponsor
What are you passionate about? My family, trying new foods, reading, travelling, and yoga
Interesting facts about you:
- I am the fourth generation to grow up on my family’s ranch in north Brazos County.
- I participated in 4-H for ten years, and raised commercial steers, heifers, and chickens!
- While at Texas A&M, I served as Counselor and Co-Chair for T-Camp.
Favorite book? Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins, and One by Kathryn Otoshi
Favorite quote? “We are all broken, that’s how the light gets in”. -Ernest Hemingway
What causes are close to your heart? Relay for Life and Aggieland Humane Society