Fifth Grade Humanities
Allen Faculty Member since 2016
- B.S. in Education, Miami University in Ohio
- M. Ed. in International Teaching, Framingham State University
What do you love about Allen? From the limited time I have been exposed to Allen the thing that stands out to me the most is: the community. Be it between faculty & staff, parents, students, communities around Allen, everyone comes together under what is best for kids. What a great environment to be a part of for all those growing brains!
Other hats you wear or have worn at Allen or previous schools:
- Kindergarten Team Leader (Abu Dhabi)
- Member of PYP Implementation Committee (Abu Dhabi)
- 2nd Grade Team Leader (River Oaks)
- Primary Years Program Evaluator (River Oaks)
- Interview Committee member (River Oaks)
- Mentor to 1st year teachers (River Oaks)
- Student Led Conference Task Force member (Brazil)
What are you passionate about?
- Teaching. Inspiring students to find their spark. Teaching students that people are the same all around the world- we have more in common than we have differences.
- Family. Creating memories together & exploring the world in our pack of 4!
- Connecting people
Interesting Facts about you:
- Grew up in Rio De Janeiro.
- Taught in Luxembourg, Mexico, Abu Dhabi and Brazil.
- I can hold my breathe underwater for quite some time.
- Together with a team we built a water well in Guatemala which was sponsored by my 2nd graders.
- Met Jimmy Carter while building a house for Habitat for Humanity.
Favorite book? Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
Favorite quote? “Be kinder than necessary.”
What causes are close to your heart? Injustice (inequality to access of clean water, inadequate housing- Habitat for Humanity)
If you were a fictional character, who would you be? Ariel. Shhh! I am a mermaid, but it’s Top Secret!
If a movie was made about your life, who would play you? Tricky question…. Never thought of this one…. I would guess maybe Meg Ryan.