MS/US History Teacher; History Department Chair
Allen Faculty Member since 2015
- B.A. in History with a minor in Geography, Texas A&M University
- Social Studies Composite teaching certificate for the State of Texas
What do you love about Allen? The freedom of thought, the authenticity and sincerity of the people, and the organic philosophies of learning that exist here inspire me on a daily basis. Allen is an oasis of real people and intentional learning.
Other hats you wear or have worn at Allen or previous schools:
- MS Student Council sponsor (current)
- MS Dean of Students for boys (previous)
- HS Student Council sponsor (previous)
- Positive Behavioral Intervention and Supports Ambassador (previous)
What are you passionate about? My faith, my role as a husband, my role as a father, learning, music, nature, history, political science, geography, food, and coffee.
Interesting Facts about you:
- I lived in Uganda for six months as a missionary and volunteer.
- I washed dishes on a tropical Australian resort island and sea kayaked on my days off.
- I snorkeled part of the Great Barrier Reef.
- I hiked the Path to Mordor from Lord of the Rings fame in New Zealand.
Favorite book? Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton
Favorite quote? “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”