MS / US Science – Department Chair, Boys & Girls Golf Coach
Allen Faculty Member since 2011
- B.S. in Animal Science, Texas A&M University
- M.Ed. in Science Curriculum and Instruction, Texas A&M University
What do you love about Allen? Without a doubt, it is the relationships you are able to build with students and the fellowship built with the people I work with. Having the freedom to teach is pretty sweet too.
Other hats you wear or have worn at Allen or previous schools:
- Boys and Girls Golf Coach
- Voice of the Rams
- Curriculum Alignment Team, Class Sponsor, Chess Club (previous)
What are you passionate about? My faith and my family are first. Spending time outdoors whether hiking, fishing, working on the ranch, or playing golf is pretty important too.
Interesting Facts about you:
- Graduated from a high school smaller than Allen Academy
- I am an Eagle Scout
- I turned down a college football scholarship
- Spent a summer guiding horseback rides through Rocky Mountain National Park
- I was a stay-at-home dad
Favorite book? The Bible and anything by Sir Ian Fleming
Favorite quote? “If you want to be successful, it’s just this simple. Know what you are doing. Love what you are doing. And believe in what you are doing.” Will Rogers
What causes are close to your heart? Boy Scouts of America and blood donation, although preferably not at the same time.
If you were a fictional character, who would you be? Bond. James Bond.
If a movie was made about your life, who would play you? Tom Hanks