Allen Faculty Member since 2015
- B.S. in Secondary Education, University of Texas
What do you love about Allen? I love the students, teachers,staff, and administration. We all work as a cohesive team and family with a common goal….to provide a better world for our future.
Other hats you wear or have worn at Allen or previous schools:
- Cheerleader sponsor
- Senior/Junior class sponsor
- NHS sponsor
- Math department chair
- Math team leader for precalculus
- Member of The National Society of High School Scholars
What are you passionate about? I am very passionate about my family, my job, math, teaching teenagers , fashion and jewelry, and animals (in particular cats and longhorns).
Interesting Facts about you:
- I was a cheerleader in college with Miss U.S.A. World.
- I traveled all over the world as a geophysicist associated with oil companies for 12 years.
- I have a somewhat rare condition that preachers, teachers, singers, and politicians develop…spasmodic dysphonia.
Favorite book? I am not an avid reader….but I enjoyed reading the Twilight and Hunger Games series.
Favorite quote? “Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.” ~Vince Lombardi
What causes are close to your heart? Since I have had breast cancer, mine would have to be the American Cancer Society.