6th grade Humanities Teacher; Curriculum Designer
Allen Faculty Member since 2016
- B.A. in English, minors: Spanish & Latin American Studies, Religion; Texas Christian University (TCU)
- M.A. in Cross-cultural Ministry; Dallas Theological Seminary
- Ph.D. in Curriculum & Instruction, emphasis in English as a Second Language (ESL); Texas A&M University
What do you love about Allen? The community at Allen is incredible! Each person brings unique strengths and perspectives, so we all learn from each other. I love getting to be part of that! I also love the vision of the school in desiring to grow learners who are skilled but adaptable problem-solvers – how cool is that?!
Other hats you wear or have worn at Allen or previous schools:
- Italy Study Abroad Supervisor (Texas A&M University)
- Curriculum Re:Design Committee Member (Texas A&M University)
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) Teacher Trainer
What are you passionate about:
- People & relationships: Caring for others and encouraging their growth
- Mentoring: Valuing others for who they are while also challenging them to rise up
- Community: Developing harmony and connectedness among people who are doing life together
- Traveling: Exploring new cultures, languages, food, and customs
- Writing: Helping others to share their stories by telling my own
- Learning: It’s something I intend to never outgrow!
Interesting Facts about you: I met my husband doing community theatre (at The Theatre Company in Bryan). We were both in “Legally Blonde, The Musical.” He was Kyle (the cute UPS guy), I was Vivienne (the mean girl who turns out to be a softie), and we fell in love!
Favorite book? The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
Favorite quote? “Don’t look at your feet to see if you are doing it right. Just dance.” Anne Lamott
If you were a fictional character, who would you be? Jo March from Little Women – that girl has gumption!