Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Allen Faculty Member since 2010
- B.S. in Interdisciplinary Studies, University of Houston
- MBA in Marketing and Strategic Management, Villanova University
What do you love about Allen? So many things! I love the spirit and vigor of Allen, and I think that we collectively embrace and embody a “can-do” attitude, and strive to foster that in our students. Whether it’s faculty members going on the trapeze (including myself!) to students finding unique ways to give back to the community, we encourage and support one another’s efforts to experience life and learning at their very best.
Other hats you wear or have worn at Allen or previous schools:
- Director of Summer Programs (2011 – present)
- LS Student Council Co-Sponsor
- Faculty Member – 4th grade Humanities (2010-2013) and 3rd grade Math/Science (2013-2017)
- Theatre Director for Spring Musicals in 2015 (Alice in Wonderland, Jr.) & 2016 (Peter Pan, Jr.)
- Art Club Sponsor
- PSIA / UIL Coach for Maps, Graphs, and Charts, Storytelling, and Oral Reading
- LEGO Club Sponsor
- Gifted & Talented, and Reading Intervention teacher (previous school)
- Kindergarten and Pre-K teacher (previous schools)
What are you passionate about? Spending time with family and friends, traveling, reading, learning, and anything arts- or creativity-related.
Interesting Facts about you:
- I love to travel, and always have my passport handy and up-to-date, just in case!
- My first job was singing radio jingles at the age of 3.
- I started college as a music major with a double concentration in voice and French Horn.
- Reading is a passion – I come from a family with not one but two librarians, and I generally have at least three books that I am reading concurrently!
Favorite book? I could never limit it to just one, so… Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery, Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling, The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas, The Swan Thieves by Elizabeth Kostova, and Goodnight, Opus by Berkeley Breathed.
Favorite quote? “If at first you don’t succeed… you’re normal!” – Kid President
What causes are close to your heart? The Brazos Valley Food Bank and any organization that seeks to end childhood hunger; Organ donation (both living donors and signing up to the a posthumous donor).
If you were a fictional character, who would you be? Either Lucy from The Chronicles of Narnia, or Anne from Anne of Green Gables – that girl had spirit and sass!
If a movie was made about your life, who would play you? Either Amy Adams or Isla Fisher.