Allen Faculty Member since 2016
- B.S in Childhood Education Grades 1-6, St. John’s University in Staten Island, NY
- M.A in School Counseling K-12, Kean University in Union, NJ
- NYS Initial Teaching Certificate Grades 1-6
- NJ State Certified School Counselor
What do you love about Allen? Since day one, I have been able to feel the warmth of the school and welcoming nature of the students and staff. I love the environment that the teachers provide for the students in the classroom, one of collaborative learning, and student centered approaches. I can tell our students aren’t afraid to take chances in their learning approaches, which is most evident during our LEAP week, which I love being a part of as a “teacher” in working with other students who share interests in my passions. Overall, I love the endless and creative opportunities ALLEN provides for our students to grow in so many ways!
Other hats you wear or have worn at Allen or previous schools:
- Lead after-school tutorials for Grade 2
- Mindfulness Club Sponsor for MS/US Students
- Initiating “Career Day” events for LS/MS/US
What are you passionate about? I am passionate about furthering my knowledge and education through any means but more interestingly through interactions with today’s youth. As a School Counselor, I seek to learn so much about my performance and potential through my accomplishments during the year. I am always looking for ways to increase my knowledge and become a better person, whether that’s professionally or personally. I am also passionate about my family and making memories with them.
Interesting Facts about you:
- Although I live in TX now, I am originally a NY native.
- I have an obsession with all things DISNEY but mostly with the character Tinkerbell.
- I can recite lines to many movies.
- I originally wanted to study Visual Arts/Theatre Production.
- One of my favorite hobbies is coloring.
Favorite book? So many come to mind; Harry Potter series, any Nicholas Sparks book, True Crime stories
Favorite quote? “Blowing out someone else’s candle doesn’t make yours shine any brighter.”
What causes are close to your heart? Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Society, Light the Night Walk, Autism Awareness, Alzheimer’s Awareness & Prevention
If you were a fictional character, who would you be? If I could be a fictional character, I’d be Tinkerbell, so I could get anywhere with a little faith, trust, and a bit of pixie dust.