Allen Faculty Member since 2016
- B.S in Childhood Education Grades 1-6, St. John’s University in Staten Island, NY
- M.A in School Counseling K-12, Kean University in Union, NJ
What do you love about Allen? As a new member of the staff, I have been able to feel the warmth of the school and welcoming nature of the students and staff since day one on campus. I love the environment that the teachers provide for the students in the classroom, one of collaborative learning, and student centered approaches. I can tell our students aren’t afraid to take chances in their learning approaches, which was more than evident during LEAP week, which I loved being able to witness. Overall, I love the endless and creative opportunities ALLEN provides for our students to grow in so many ways!
Other hats you wear or have worn at Allen or previous schools:
- Lead after-school tutorials for Grade 2
What are you passionate about? I am passionate about furthering my knowledge and education through any means but more interestingly through interactions with today’s youth. As a first year counselor, I seek to learn so much about my performance and potential through my accomplishments this year. I am always looking for ways to increase my knowledge and become a better person. I am also passionate about my family and making memories with them.
Interesting Facts about you:
- Although I live in TX now, I am originally a NY native.
- I have an obsession with all things DISNEY but mostly with the character Tinkerbell.
- I can recite lines to many movies.
- I originally wanted to study Visual Arts/Theatre Production.
- One of my favorite hobbies is coloring.
Favorite book? So many come to mind; Harry Potter series, Forever by Judy Blume, any Nicholas Sparks book, True Crime stories
Favorite quote? “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land amongst the stars.”
What causes are close to your heart? Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Society, Light the Night Walk, and Autism Awareness
If you were a fictional character, who would you be? If I could be a fictional character, I’d be Tinkerbell, so I could get anywhere with a little faith, trust, and a bit of pixie dust.