Allen Faculty Member since 2015
- B.A. Speech Communication, Texas A&M University
- M. Ed. in Curriculum & Instruction, University of Houston
What do you love about Allen? I believe Allen is a place where everyone’s talents are encouraged and celebrated. Learners of all ages thrive in this supportive, challenging environment.
Other hats you wear or have worn at Allen or previous schools:
- Kindergarten Teacher
- PreK Teacher
- Former Breeders Greeters HLSR Committeeman
- Assistant Director at Camp Cheley (when my littles are big, I hope to go back to camp, too!)
What are you passionate about? Family, friends, being outside and enjoying life, volunteerism, good food and cooking
Interesting Facts about you:
- I have hiked across the continental divide, a 22 mile hike in one day.
- I was on a boat on in the Panama Canal on New Year’s day in 2000.
- I come from a quick witted family that laughs often and loves easily, I am grateful for them daily.
Favorite book? Miss Rumphius by Barbara Cooney, Peace at Last by Jill Murphy, most Tomie dePaola books, and bookshelf full of others. I love books, especially well written children’s stories!
Favorite quote? “Athletics is a metaphor for the way you should live your life. It teaches you to struggle against adversity,to endure pain, to be fair, to lose with dignity and to win with grace.” – Anonymous
“To laugh often and much. To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children. To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends. To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others. To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.”
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
If you were a fictional character, who would you be? One of the Penderwick Sisters or someone from Stars Hollow.
If a movie was made about your life, who would play you? The Narrator.