LS Art Instructor
Allen Faculty Member since 2011
- B.S. in Architecture Studies, University of Texas
- Certification in Special Education
What do you love about Allen? I love the family atmosphere of Allen! Having one child graduate from Allen and another who is a sophomore attending Allen since age 3, I truly value the personal responsibility and accountability Allen fosters. The focus on emotional intelligence as well as the multitude of academic, athletic, philanthropic, elective and leadership opportunities Allen provides make this school a great place to be.
Other hats you wear or have worn at Allen or previous schools:
- New Teacher Mentor
- Search Committee for Head of School
- Winter Gala Committee
- Parent Association Vice-President
- TV Turnoff Chair
- Pull for Allen Co-Chair and Host
- UIL Parent Organizer
What are you passionate about? I enjoy spending time with family, cooking, playing games, solving puzzles, visiting museums and creating. I love travelling-especially coastal destinations and places rich in historical architecture.
Interesting Facts about you:
- Our family lives on a working cattle ranch and operates a hunting lodge.
- I am terribly afraid of heights, so you won’t find me riding any roller coasters.
- I have travelled with Allen on two spring break international trips and will travel my third to Italy in 2017.
Favorite book? I have always loved the children’s book Goodnight, Moon by Margaret Wise Brown.As a child, I delighted in finding the little mouse hidden on each page.
Favorite quote? “Art is not what you see, but what you make others see.” Edgar Degas
What causes are close to your heart? KK125 Ovarian Cancer Foundation, founded by my husband, Kyle, and a fellow State Representative when they lost their mothers to ovarian cancer; The Prenatal Clinic, and Coalition for Life