Back to School
New Family Luncheon - Saturday, August 10th, 2019. 12:00 noon to 2:00 pm in the WAC
Open House/Meet the Teacher -Monday, August 12th, 2019
- Preschool : 9:30am - 10:00am
- Lower School : 10:00am - 11:00am
- Middle & Upper School : 10:00am - 12:00pm
- Athletics Parent Meeting : 12:00pm - 1:00pm
First Week of School - August 14 to August 16, 2019
School buildings open at 7:30am. All classes begin at 8:00am
For Preschool :
- All classes will finish at 1:00pm
Extended Day services will be available until 5:30pm on these days.
- Normal pickup time begins at 2:45pm
For Lower School : classes end at 3:10pm
Middle and Upper School : classes end at 3:30pm
Summer of Rambunctious Readers: K - 12th
- All students are expected to complete some summer reading, see link below for more info
Math Summer Assignments
- Rising 2nd Grade Math - 2nd Grade Summer Math Packet - 2019 *Required
- Rising 3rd Grade Math - 3rd Grade Summer Math Packet 2019 *Required
- Rising 4th Grade Math - 4th Grade Summer Math Packet 2019 *Required
- Rising 5th Grade Math - 5th Grade Summer Math Packet 2019 *Required
- Rising 6th Grade Math - 6th Grade Summer Math Packet (not required)
- Pre-Alegbra - Pre-Algebra Summer Packet 2019 (not required)
- Algebra - Algebra Summer Packet 2019 (not required)
- Geometry - Geometry Summer Packet 2019 (not required)
- Calculus AB -AB Calculus Summer Packet - 2019 *Required
AP Art Summer Assignment
- AP Art - AP Studio Art Summer Assignments
- For the most part, our Preschool students are free to dress for comfort, play, and messy work. Our youngest students truly enjoy their days and often show it on their clothes, so please keep that in mind when purchasing school clothes. We do recommend closed toe shoes, for safety.
- Thursday Uniform - Formal Dress Day for all of Allen Academy. For Preschoolers, this means a navy blue Allen Academy polo shirt worn with either khaki bottoms or an Allen plaid jumper. Khakis may be purchased from any vendor of your choice, while the navy blue Allen polo and Allen plaid jumper are available from Mills Uniforms or the Ram Store.
- Purchased from Mills Uniforms or The Ram Store
- Monday through Wednesday Uniform: Pants or shorts (navy, khaki); girls' skirts or skorts (navy, khaki, blue plaid); short or long sleeve polos (light blue, navy, or white with Allen Academy logo); short or long sleeve button down oxford (white, with Allen logo); girls jumpers (blue plaid) worn with polo underneath. A solid color belt is required if shirts are tucked in, and shoes must be closed toe and closed heel, worn with white, black, or navy blue socks.
- Thursday Uniform / Formal Dress Day for all of Allen Academy: short or long sleeve button down oxford (white with Allen logo); 3/4 sleeve fitted white button down blouse (white with Allen logo); khaki pants or blue plaid skirt; white, black, navy blue, or plaid socks worn with closed toe and closed heel shoes.
- Because of the nature of children’s daily schedule, we ask that students wear athletic style tennis shoes as appropriate footwear. For kindergarten, the most appropriate tennis shoes are Velcro lace/strap, rubber soled shoes.
Middle & Upper School
- Purchased from Mills Uniforms or The Ram Store on campus
- Monday through Wednesday Uniform: Pants or shorts (navy, khaki); skirts or skorts (navy, khaki, blue plaid); short or long sleeve polos (light blue, navy, or white with Allen Academy logo); short or long sleeve button down oxford (white with Allen logo). A solid color belt is required if shirts are tucked in, and shoes must be closed toe and closed heel, worn with white, black, navy blue, or plaid socks.
- Thursday Uniform / Formal Dress Day for all of Allen Academy: short or long sleeve button down oxford (white with Allen logo) - tucked in; 3/4 sleeve fitted white button down blouse (white with Allen logo).
- A belt is required if wearing khaki pants, and boys in MS/US are required to wear a plaid tie on formal days.
- Because of the nature of children’s daily schedule, we ask that students wear closed toe and closed heel flat shoes, with white, black, navy blue, or plaid socks worn with closed toe and closed heel shoes
- Black, navy blue, or white leggings will be permitted under skirts.
- All outerwear worn indoors (sweaters, sweatshirts, cardigans or jackets) must be purchased via Mills Uniform or from the school store. If a student decides to wear a sweatshirt, for example, it must be an Allen Academy sweatshirt from the Ram Store.
- Outerwear worn outdoors during freezing weather (including hats, coats, gloves, scarves, etc.) may be any color, any brand.
- As a spirited community at Allen Academy, we love to celebrate! Fridays will be an opportunity to show school spirit and celebrate many of our student activities and programs.
- Friday Uniform: an Allen Academy spirit shirt along with blue jeans / denim bottoms or uniform bottoms (pants, shorts, or skirts in aforementioned colors). On Spirit Days, students are allowed to wear any colored socks.
Kinder – 5th Grade
- Order convenient supply packs directly from EPI - Click here and enter our school code: ALL053 . Order through June to have orders sent to the school in time for Meet the Teacher.
- Supplies ordered in July or later will be delivered directly to your home.
Middle and Upper School
- Students will find out about needed supplies once school begins.
- Students will more fully integrate technology in their development of language and phonics
Kindergarten – 3rd Grade
- Students will use the computer lab, Chromebooks, and iPads for centers/stations and projects
- Students will have classroom set of Chromebooks for everyday use
5th – 12th Grade
- Bring Your Own Laptop Program
- Click here for more information on requirements and specifics
- Preschool does not require any books
Kindergarten – 5th Grade
- You can order textbooks through the MBS bookstore starting June 1
- Click here to view the MBS web-link
- Once you enter the site, follow the directions to find the books required for your grade level/s.
6th Grade - 12th Grade
- MS/US will primarily use digital resources. Some books may be required for English over the course of the year, but those will be communicated on a class by class basis.
- For those students / parents who would like to purchase a hardcopy of their Math textbook, the information regarding the 2019-2020 textbooks is available here.
- Be sure to check out the Nurse’s Station webpage for all medication questions and health related info
- All 6th –12th Grade student athletes must complete prior to athletic participation each year
- Physical Form
9th – 12th Grade Athletes
- All 9th-12th Grade athletes must complete the following forms prior to participation each year
* Acknowledgement of Rules
* Steroid Form
New Students : 9th – 12th Grade Athletes
- If you are new to Allen, entering 9th –12th Grade, please complete the following transfer form